Microbial Technology Research Laboratory
– Dr. Reba Kanungo, Dean Research, Professor and HOD, Department of Microbiology, Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry, Kalapet,605014.
1) Testing of antimicrobial activity of natural products as well as synthetic materials against standard and clinical strains of both bacteria and fungi.
2) Identifying, characterising New emerging & re-emerging infectious diseases causing agents.
3) Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance in microbiota.
4) Molecular characterisation of pathogens and co-relation to severity of disease manifestations.
1. Melioidosis mimicking cold abscess: A case report. Journal of Current Research in Scientific Medicine. 2017;3:51-3.
Well-equipped microbiology laboratory with basic facilities like:
– Biosafety cabinet Type 2
– Digital colony counter
– Compound and Simple Microscopes
– Hot air oven
– Bacteriological Incubators
– Basic chemicals and media
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 25 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 5
- Assessments Yes