Microbial Technology & Infectious disease laboratory
Dr. Sherly Antony Mob: 9655649543 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Reba Kanungo, Dean Research, Professor and HOD, Department of Microbiology, Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry, Kalapet, 605014
- Testing of antimicrobial activity of natural products as well as synthetic materials against standard and clinical strains of both bacteria and fungi.
- Identifying, characterising New emerging & re-emerging infectious diseases causing agents.
- Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance in microbiota.
- Molecular characterisation of pathogens and co-relation to severity of disease manifestations.
Melioidosis mimicking cold abscess: A case report. Journal of Current Research in Scientific Medicine. 2017;3:51-3.
Well-equipped microbiology laboratory with basic facilities like:
- Biosafety cabinet Type 2
- Digital colony counter
- Compound and Simple Microscopes
- Hot air oven
- Bacteriological Incubators
- Basic chemicals and media